Beef with Corn and Mushroom is a Filipino dish of stir-fried beef served on a creamy sauce with mushrooms and sweet corn kernels.
- 750 g beef rump steak, thinly sliced
- 400 g can whole mushrooms, sliced
- 400 g can whole corn kernels
- 400 g can condensed cream of mushroom
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp butter
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- In a large pan heat oil then stir fry rump steak on very high heat for a minute on each side. Remove from pan then set it aside.
- Using the same pan, lower the heat then add butter. Once butter is melted, add the garlic and onions then sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the beef back together with the Worcestershire sauce and water, bring it to a boil then simmer in low heat for 15 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Pour the condensed cream of mushroom, add the corn kernels and mushrooms then let it simmer for 10 more minutes in low heat.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper, add cream, mix then turn the heat off. Place on serving platters then garnish with chopped parsley. Serve.