Menchi Kastu is a Japanese yoshoku dish made with minced meat thick patties that is breaded then deep fried. These patties can be made with either beef, chicken, pork, or any mixture of each.
- In a bowl combine minced meat ingredients together, mix it well
- Place all breading ingredients on separate wide shallow bowls
- Form minced meat mixture into 6 to 8 balls (adjust to the size you desire). Place in a container, cover it with cling wrap then chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Remove minced meat from the fridge, flatten it slightly but maintaining a good thickness. Dredge one meat patty into the flour and coat evenly, next dredge it on beaten eggs, finally dredge it in panko breadcrumbs then coat evenly. Set it aside and repeat this process for the remaining minced meat.
- Heat oil to 180C in a deep fryer, cook each breaded meat patty for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from deep fryer then serve with Japanese coleslaw, Yakimeshi and Japanese tartare sauce.