Ginisang Upo and Spinach is a Filipino dish of stir-fried bottle gourd, tomatoes, prawns, and spinach that is then quickly braised on chicken stock.
- In a wok, heat oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add chopped tomato then cook for 2 minutes
- Add prawns then stir fry for 30 seconds
- Add the sliced bottle gourd, stir fry for 2 minutes
- Add chicken stock, fish sauce and sugar and simmer for 8 minutes
- Add the spinach, give it a mix, then simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve