Prawn Cakes is a Thai inspired dish of prawn paste combined with herbs and spices, shaped in small patties then pan fried. A very delicate dish with rich prawn taste that is sure-fire winner on your dining table.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, pulse until well combined and minced but not pureed into a paste, leave some chunky bits for texture.
- Place mixture in a bowl then let it chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Heat enough oil in a non-stick pan for pan frying over medium high heat.
- Using wet hands, form a small ball of the mixture and place it gently into the pan, gently flatten the ball until it resembles a small patty. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until it turns golden brown.
- Remove from pan then serve with sweet chilli sauce.