Surf and turf or surf ‘n’ turf is a main course that combines seafood such as prawns, lobster or scallops with red meat typically beef or lamb where either or can be steamed, grilled, breaded and fried. It can sometimes be served with a gravy on the side.
Surf and Turf
- 4 pcs 1 1/2-inch-thick rib eye steaks
- 12 pcs large prawns, shelled and deveined
- 4 serves cauliflower puree
- freshly ground black pepper
Garlic Cream Sauce
- Season rib eye steaks and prawns with salt and freshly ground black pepper, set it aside
- Over a stove top in high heat place a thick iron skillet until it smokes.
- Coat beef with a small amount of oil then place it in the hot skillet two steaks at a time so the temperature does not drop. Cook beef for 2 1/2 minutes to 3 minutes on each side (adjust time depending on how you like your beef), this timing is for medium rare to medium. Remove beef, then cook the remaining beef. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat up a separate skillet again in high heat.
- Coat prawns with small amount of oil then place it in the hot skillet, cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet then set aside.
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic then sauté until fragrant.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add in the milk, while constantly mixing, add cream then season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer in low heat for 2 minutes, mix well making sure it is free of lumps. Once sauce thickens up. Sauce should back of your spoon when dipped on it.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and parsley, turn the heat off.
- Assemble your dish, place a serving of cauliflower puree on a plate, top it with steak then with three prawns, pour sauce on top, crack some fresh black pepper then serve.