Fish chowder is an English soup prepared with fish, potatoes, and corn on a starchy creamy soup base.
- In a pot melt butter in low heat, add garlic and onion then cook until onions are soft.
- Add the flour then mix it until it form a roux.
- Pour the stock and water slowly into the roux and mix well until free of lumps.
- Add potatoes, corn, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil and simmer in low heat for 20 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium, add fish and cream bring back to a slow boil, once it starts boiling lower heat back then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
If you cleaned and gutted your own salmon, scale and save the skin, cut it into pieces. Dry it out with paper towels, season with salt then place it in the oven then bake it in the oven at 180C for 20 mins or until fish skin is crispy.