Peanut Tikoy Roll is a Filipino Chinese rice cake prepared with sweetened steamed glutinous rice filled with peanut butter and coated with ground peanuts.
- In a bowl combine glutinous rice, sugar, water, and vanilla together, mix well until free of lumps.
- Pour mixture in an 8×8 inch well-greased square cake pan then place in a prepared steamer and steam for 15-18 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from steamer let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Prepare a greased baking mat then tip over steamed rice cake into the surface.
- Fill piping bag with peanut butter then pipe a line of peanut butter along one side of the rice cake near the edge.
- Roll the edge of rice cake enclosing the piped peanut butter then once the edge joins the inner part, seal then cut along the length of the rolled rice cake. Do it until all of the rice cake is used.
- Cut the rolls into sections, dredge each piece on crushed roasted peanut then place on a serving platter, continue with the rest.