Crispy Buttered Chicken is a popular chicken dish in Binondo Philippines where seasoned and lightly coated chicken is deep fried then coated with melted butter.
- In a bowl mix thoroughly eggs and fish sauce.
- Add chicken in the egg mixture and pierce chicken pieces with fork. Cover the bowl and marinate it for at least 2 hrs but not more than 3 hours.
- In a bowl or container that you can cover, mix flour, cornstarch, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.
- Add the chicken one piece at a time and cover the bowl, then shake. This will cover the chicken with the flour mixture. Do it with the rest of the chicken pieces, then set them aside.
- Heat up oil in a deep fryer or large wok, once the oil hits 180C, add chicken pieces one at a time then deep fry for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked and golden brown and crispy.
- While chicken is deep frying, in a large saucepan melt butter in low heat, add garlic once the butter has melted then cook garlic until fragrant not brown. Add sugar, mix it well until it dissolves but not caramelised. Turn heat off.
- Remove chicken from the fryer, fully drain off excess oil then toss it on the melted butter mixture and coat chicken pieces evenly. Remove from saucepan, then place it on serving platters.