Ginisang Bagoong is a Filipino condiment or side dish prepared with fermented minute shrimps sautéed in garlic and onions then cooked with sugar and chillies.
- Place raw bagoong alamang in a fine mesh sieve, quickly rinse it in running cold water to remove excess salt. Drain then set aside.
- In a wok add around three tablespoons of oil, place in medium heat then sauté garlic until golden brown in colour.
- Add shallots then continue to cook in low heat for a minute.
- Add sugar then let it caramelize.
- Now add the bagoong, vinegar, red chillies, and green chilli, stir fry in medium heat for 5 minutes. You may add a bit of water, so it does not dry out. Once the consistency is thick, season with freshly ground black pepper. Turn the heat off then its ready.