Morisqueta Tostada is a very old Filipino recipe that is a type of fried rice, it is prepared with leftover cooked rice stir fried with eggs, Chinese sausage, ham, shrimps, and spring onions.
- 6 cups left-over cold cooked rice
- 2 pcs Chinese sausage, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped traditional Chinese ham or any type of ham
- 1/3 cup small shelled shrimps
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 eggs, beaten
- freshly ground black pepper
- peanut oil
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped, whites and green separated
- In a wok heat peanut oil in medium heat, add garlic and white parts of spring onions then sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add Chinese sausage, bring heat to high then stir fry for a minute
- Add the rice and ham, loosen the rice with the spatula then continue to stir fry in high heat for 3 minutes.
- Push rice to the side, pour the beaten egg yolks, let the eggs cooked and once they are cooked, break it apart with the spatula and stir fry it with the rice for 3 minutes.
- Add the prawns and soy sauce, season with salt and ground white pepper. Stir fry for one more minute then turn the heat off.
- Toss in the green sections of spring onions, mix then serve while hot.