Gule Magalang is a Filipino dish made with tropical vegetables usually planted in backyards, vegetables like squash, squash flowers, chayote, chayote tops and luffa mixed with shrimps and flaked fried fish.
- 1 pc luffa, peeled and sliced
- 1 pc chayote, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 bunch of pea shoots or chayote tops
- 1 bunch of squash flowers
- 12 pcs prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup flaked fried fish
- 2 pcs shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic and shallots
- Add chayote, squash, fish flakes and chicken stock, bring to a boil then simmer in low heat for 5 minutes
- Add pea shoots/chayote tops, luffa, and prawns, continue to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper then serve.