Dry Beef Tendon Noodles is a Chinese dish of dry egg noodles served on top with fork tender Braised Beef and Tendon and blanched greens.
Braised Beef and Tendon
- 500 g beef tendons, cubed
- 500 g beef brisket, cubed
- 5 cups beef stock
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Chinese cooking wine
- 1 pc dried orange peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 tbsp Chu Hou Sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 pcs star anise
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 6 slices of ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small shallots, chopped
- fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- peanut oil
- fresh egg noodles, good for 8 servings
- 2 bunches Choy Sum
- chilli garlic oil
- In a hot wok add peanut oil then brown beef brisket and tendons. Remove the beef brisket then set aside.
- Add garlic and shallots, stir fry for a minute.
- Add all remaining Braised Beef and Tendon ingredients bring to a boil, cover, then simmer for 1 1/2 hrs. in low heat. Add water if necessary.
- Add beef brisket back, cover, then simmer for additional 1 1/2 hr.
- At this stage the liquid should be thick in consistency, if not simmer in high heat until liquid is reduced. Turn heat off then set the Braised Beef and Tendon aside.
- Blanch the Choy Sum in a wok for 1 minute with 1 tsp oil added to the water. Drain, rinse in tap water then set aside.
- Loosen the noodles, place it in the wok over high heat filled with rolling boiling water then cook for a minute. Drain noodles then rinse with running tap water. Once noodles had cooled down, fully drain them and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp of oil on the bowl, toss the noodles to coat with the oil. Place noodles in serving platter.
- Scoop out some Braised Beef and Tendons, place it on top of noodles, pour some sauce then serve with blanched Choy sum on the sides.