Chicken Tocino is a version of tocino made with chicken instead of pork. This Filipino breakfast favourite is made with meat marinated in brown sugar and anise wine, pan fried and usually served with garlic fried rice and sunny side up eggs.
- Mix all ingredients in a shallow bowl except for the chicken.
- Sprinkle the mixture into the chicken pieces.
- Leave in a covered container in room temperature for 1 hour
- Place the container in the refrigerator for one day.
- In a heavy pan add enough water to cover half of the chicken pieces, bring to a boil then turn once.
- Once water has evaporated add a small amount of oil and quickly fry chicken pieces until sugar has caramelized.