Mushroom Stir Fry with Peas and Carrots is a simple stir fry of button mushrooms, straw mushrooms, fried tofu, and vegetables.
- 200 g white button mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 can 400 g straw mushrooms, drained and cut in half
- 200 g fried tofu
- 1 large carrots, sliced
- 150 g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 3 stalks spring onions, sliced, green and white sections separated
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock (for vegetarian option)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (dissolved in 1/4 cup water)
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat up a wok in a very high heat, add oil and sauté garlic, ginger, and white parts of spring onions.
- Add button and straw mushrooms then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add snap peas then stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, fried tofu and dissolved cornstarch, bring to a rapid boil.
- Once it boils fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the green parts of the spring onion, give it a good mix, turn the heat off then serve.