Mushroom Stir Fry with Peas and Carrots is a simple stir fry of button mushrooms, straw mushrooms, fried tofu, and vegetables.
- 200 g white button mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 can 400 g straw mushrooms, drained and cut in half
- 200 g fried tofu
- 1 large carrots, sliced
- 150 g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 3 stalks spring onions, sliced, green and white sections separated
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock (for vegetarian option)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (dissolved in 1/4 cup water)
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat up a wok in a very high heat, add oil and sauté garlic, ginger, and white parts of spring onions.
- Add button and straw mushrooms then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add snap peas then stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, fried tofu and dissolved cornstarch, bring to a rapid boil.
- Once it boils fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the green parts of the spring onion, give it a good mix, turn the heat off then serve.
I adore mushrooms and those fried tofu wedges are so perfectly crisp. A simple but very flavourful dish.
What a wonderful meatless meal (okay, we won’t discuss the fish sauce…)! I love how you made the carrots so beautiful! You know, I don’t think have had a can of straw mushrooms since the 1980s! Boy, do I need to change that.
I love buttons bit we rarely get them here and when we do, imported from somewhere, they have started to rot, not so nice anymore.
Now this dish sounds like it was custom made for me! I love every last vegetable here and the carrots are so freaking cute. Definitely respect that attention to detail. I wish I had this for dinner tonight!
Such a great replacement for meat. Love mushrooms!
This sounds a lot like our go-to stir-fry veggies that we make at least once a week. (Well, minus the tofu.) I don’t always add mushrooms, but I need to start keeping those on the grocery list. Great recipe!