Creamy Chicken Liver Pate is a spread made with chicken liver cooked together with onions, garlic, butter, cream and spices then processed into a paste that is then let to set in a ramekin, chilled then to be served as a spread on breads.
- In a pan gently melt the butter in low heat
- Add onions and garlic then sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are soft
- Add the chicken livers and bay leaves, increase the heat to medium then cook for 6-7 minutes or until liver is just done and not over cooked. Season with salt and ground white pepper
- Pour brandy and cream, mix well, simmer for two more minutes then turn the heat off. Remove from pan then set is aside and let it cool.
- Once liver has cooled down remove the bay leaves and place everything in the food processor, process until really smooth. Give it a taste and add more salt and ground white pepper to your preference. Process it one more time then pour into ramekins then chill.
- Prepare extra butter, then melt it in the microwave, once melted, pour butter on top of ramekin then put the pate back into the refrigerator. Once the top sets, its ready to serve.