Habichuelas is a Filipino dish of Spanish origins prepared with white beans slowly cooked with tomatoes, pork, and Chorizo de Bilbao.
- In a pot add oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the cubed pork then brown it on all sides.
- Add the chorizo then continue to cook for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes then continue to cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Pour water and pork stock then bring it to a boil, lower heat then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Mash white beans from one can, mix well with the soup and let it thicken for 5 minutes
- Add the rest of the white beans (not mashed) into the pot, bring back to a boil then season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper. Simmer for 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat off then serve.