Chicken Castanets is a Filipino recipe prepared with pan seared marinated chicken cooked with chorizo, carrots, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- 8 pcs chicken thighs
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced in half
- 15 pcs cherry tomatoes
- 1 Spanish chorizo, sliced (I used 3 mini ones)
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Marinate chicken pieces in soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce overnight
- In a large pan add olive oil and place it in high heat. Add chicken and sear both sides until golden brown. Remove chicken from pan then set it aside.
- Using the same pan add more olive oil then sauté garlic in low heat, once it starts to turn light brown add onions then continue to sauté until onions are soft.
- Bring heat to medium, add chorizo then stir fry for a minute.
- Add carrots and mushrooms, continue to cook for two minutes.
- Pour the chicken stock scraping the pans bottom while mixing.
- Place the chicken together with the dried thyme, bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer for 20 minutes. Cover the pan.
- Bring heat back to high, add the tomatoes then continue to cook for 5 minutes and let the liquid reduce.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve.