Cheesy Broccoli Bites is a side dish / finger food of deep-fried breaded mixture of broccoli florets, cheese and eggs.
Broccoli Cheese Balls
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup processed cheese (Velveeta or Kraft Eden), cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- canola oil, for deep frying
- Steam broccoli until slightly soft, set aside then let cool.
- Finely chop broccoli then place in a large bowl, add the rest of the Broccoli Cheese Balls ingredients.
- Mix well and using your hands, shape mixture into 15 to 16 balls. Place balls in a plate then refrigerate for an hour.
- On a plate place all-purpose flour
- On another plate, place Panko breadcrumbs
- On a bowl add the eggs.
- Remove Broccoli Cheese Balls from the refrigerator, coat each ball in flour, then dip it in egg then finally dip and coat it on the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry Broccoli Cheese Balls in a 180C preheated deep fryer for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown in colour. Remove from deep fryer, drain and remove excess oil then serve.