Fish Florentine is a fish dish prepared Florentine style. Pan fried fish is served on a bed of wilted spinach and red capsicum with Mornay sauce and grated cheese.
- 4 pcs 170 g white firm fish fillet (such as grouper, snapper or trevally)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- fresh black pepper
- Season fish with salt and freshly black pepper. Set it aside.
- In a pan heat olive oil in high heat, once it starts to smoke pan fry fish for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through and browned. Set this aside.
- Using the same pan, lower the heat then add the butter. Sauté garlic and cook until fragrant but not browned.
- Add capsicum then continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach, stir until wilted then add the cream cheese, cream, water and parmesan cheese, gently simmer for 4 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place fish on top then serve topped with shaved parmesan on top.