Beet and Kale Salad with Maple Candied Walnuts is a simple salad of canned beetroot, raw kale, candied walnuts and feta cheese dressed in a honey apple cider dressing
- 450 g can chunky beetroot, drained
- 4 packed cups curly kale, washed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup goat cheese feta
- 1 cup walnut
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Prepare Candied Walnuts, in a pan combine all Candied Walnuts ingredients, bring to a boil then simmer in medium heat until sugar melts, mix well to coat walnuts with the sugar syrup. Once liquid has thickened and evaporated then remove the walnuts from the pan, place on a parchment paper separated with each other and let the sugar coat harden. Set it aside.
- Prepare Dressing, in a bowl combine all dressing ingredients apart from the oil, using a hand mixer whisk the dressing to combine, gently pour extra virgin olive oil in a thin steady stream while whisking to emulsify. Set it aside.
- Place kale, beetroot and candied walnuts in a salad bowl, toss to combine.
- Top salad with crumbled feta cheese then drizzle dressing on top, serve.