Tapa Frita is a Filipino dish where thinly sliced pork similar to tapa cut is cooked with tomato sauce, carrots, potato, pickles and cheese.
- 800 g pork scotch, cut into long thin strips
- 1 large potato, cut into long thin strips
- 1 large carrot, cut into long thin strips
- 225 g can green peas
- 3 tbsp pickle relish
- 1/2 cup grated processed cheese + more for topping
- 1 medium sized red onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 3 large red tomatoes, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 1 tsp rubbed basil
- freshly ground black pepper
- fish sauce
- On at pot sauté garlic and onion in oil.
- Add pork and brown on all sides.
- Add chicken stock and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, pickle relish, grated processed cheese, basil and tomato paste.
- Simmer for 15 minutes in medium heat.
- Add green peas then simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Flavour with fish sauce and season with freshly ground black pepper. Top with grated processed cheese then serve.