Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is a type of Italian pasta dish prepared with fettuccine tossed in emulsified butter and Parmesan cheese, with flavour from cream and pan-fried chicken breast.
- 250 g fettuccine
- 750 g chicken breast (approx. 3-4 fillets)
- 200 g white button mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 100 ml cream
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan plus more for garnishing
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- blanched broccolini, for sides
- Season chicken breast with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat pan, add olive oil then pan fry chicken breast for 5-6 minutes (depending on the thickness) on each side. Add 3 tablespoon of butter to the pan, swirl butter around and continue to cook the chicken for 2 more minutes while continuously basting chicken breast with melted butter, set chicken aside and keep it covered.
- Cook pasta according to instructions, drain then toss in the remaining butter. Set aside.
- Using the same pan you use cooking the chicken, add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms if using, cook for a minute.
- Now add chicken stock, cream, parmesan and a dash of sea salt simmer until sauce is reduced and thickens. Toss in pasta and parsley. Turn heat off.
- Slice chicken breasts, place pasta on serving platter then top the pasta with sliced of chicken.
- Serve with generous amount of grated parmesan.