Basque Burnt Cheesecake is a crustless cheesecake made with just egg, cream, cream cheese, sugar and a bit of flour which is baked on high heat resulting to caramelization of top, cracking and burning of edges.
- In a stand mixer beat cream cheese on medium speed until it is very smooth.
- Add sugar then continue to beat until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time then continue to beat until it is well incorporated
- Pour cream and vanilla then continue beating at medium speed.
- Lift the mixer up then add sift the flour and cornflour into the mixture, then lower the mixer down then continue to beat until even in texture.
- Line an 8 x 3 springform pan with parchment paper, press the bottom and the sides to mould the paper into it, fold the sides into creases as needed.
- Bake in a 230C preheated oven for 40 minutes until the top is part has caramelised and become dark. At this stage cake will still be jiggly that is fine, let it cool and set to fully solidify.
- Once it has cooled down, release the lock of the spring form pan, remove cheesecake from the pan, peel away the parchment from the sides.
- Refrigerate before serving