Creamy Scallops and Prawn Pasta is a seafood pasta dish prepared with prawns and scallops served over pasta drenched in a creamy and mildly spicy sauce.
- 250 g shelled scallops
- 250 g shelled prawns
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 cups clam stock (To make at home please see notes)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 1/8 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried chilli flakes, plus more to garnish
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- cooked spaghetti, to serve
- Pat dry scallops and prawns using a heavy paper towel, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a heavy pan and once hot enough, sear scallops on both sides, around 45 seconds on each side. Remove the scallops from the pan then set it aside.
- Do the same thing with the prawns, sear on both sides for around 30 seconds on each side, remove prawns from the pan then set it aside.
- Lower the heat, add butter then gently sauté garlic and shallots.
- Pour the white wine, let it boil and dissolve the brown bits from searing the seafood, shake the pan as you cook it to emulsify. Add the clam stock, dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, dried thyme and chilli flakes then let it boil, simmer in medium heat until reduced to half of its volume.
- Pour the cream, add parmesan, scallops and prawn then gently simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with cooked spaghetti, garnished with more dried chilli flakes and chopped parsley. Serve.