Creamy Mushroom Pasta is a simple pasta prepared with spaghetti served over creamy mushroom sauce sautéed with garlic and onions.
- 250 g spaghetti
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- olive oil
- Undercook spaghetti by 2 minutes according to packet instructions. Set it aside.
- In a pan add olive oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add mushrooms and dried basil then cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the wine then scrape the brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the vegetable stock, bring it to a boil then add the pasta. Cook for one minute, let the pasta absorb the vegetable stock.
- Add the cream, butter and Parmesan cheese, cook for one more minute.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, serve garnished with freshly chopped parsley