Creamy Mushroom Pasta is a simple pasta prepared with spaghetti served over creamy mushroom sauce sautéed with garlic and onions.
- 250 g spaghetti
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- olive oil
- Undercook spaghetti by 2 minutes according to packet instructions. Set it aside.
- In a pan add olive oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add mushrooms and dried basil then cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the wine then scrape the brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the vegetable stock, bring it to a boil then add the pasta. Cook for one minute, let the pasta absorb the vegetable stock.
- Add the cream, butter and Parmesan cheese, cook for one more minute.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, serve garnished with freshly chopped parsley
Looks filling and easy to prepare. Glad that you enjoyed it 🙂
Makes me think of one place here, the creamy mushroom spaghetti is da’ bomb! Gotta crop by there soon!
This is delightful! I love that you use dried basil. I never see it in recipes, and yet, I think it’s a wonderful herb, which has its own character. Besides, fresh isn’t always available. I use a lot of dried thyme as well.
This is my kind of comfort food! Easy pasta recipes are one of my favorites, and I’ve always been a sucker for a good creamy pasta. I’m thinking I should grab some mushrooms at the store this week!
This is such perfect comfort food, Raymund. I’ll be getting mushrooms at the market this weekend, and look forward to re-creating a bowl of this perfect pasta.