Salted Duck Egg and Bacon Pasta is a type of Filipino fusion pasta dish where spaghetti is served on a sauce made with salted duck egg yolks and bacon oil.
- In a bowl mash salted egg yolks and combine it with the fresh cream, set it aside.
- In a pan add small amount of oil then fry bacon pieces in medium heat until golden and crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan then set it aside.
- Using the same pan sauté garlic and onions. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add salted egg yolks mixture, bring it to a slow boil while continuously mixing.
- Add the pasta and around 2 tbsp of the pasta’s cooking liquid, add the parmesan cheese then mix until well combined. Season with salt if needed and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place in serving plate, top with crispy bacon and a bit of chopped parsley then serve.
You can but salted duck egg yolks only and it is available in Asian groceries vacuum packed which looks like this one. If you can’t find a similar product you can buy the whole eggs with the whites but you will need to separate the yolks. Some salted duck egg yolks are raw and usually is wrapped on a mud with grass, if that’s the case just boil them according to the packet instructions.