Bacon Scallops with Lemon Butter Sauce is a simple dish of pan seared scallops served on a lemon butter emulsified sauce topped with crispy bacon bits.
- 400 g scallops
- 6 strips streaky bacon, chopped
- juice from half a lemon
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- In a pan add a bit of olive oil then cook chopped bacon over medium heat until brown and crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan then set it aside.
- Pat dry the scallops then using the same pan, sear scallops in high heat for 3 minutes on each side until edges are slightly burnt. Remove scallops then set it aside
- Add garlic, sauté for 30 seconds. Add lemon and white wine, let it boil and melt the burnt bits on the pan.
- Add butter, shake your pan vigorously and let the sauce emulsify. Once sauce thickens, add the scallops back and the bacon, mix it a bit then top it with chopped parsley then serve.