Asian Style Pulled Pork Sliders is a type of sliders prepared using a fusion of Asian and Western ingredients to produce this very tasty and delicious treat of melt in your mouth pulled pork in a lightly toasted slider bun.
- 1 1/2 kg pork shoulder roast, cut into large chunks
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 cups water
- 6 cloves garlic, mince
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
Pickled Red Onions
- 3 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 birds eye chilli, minced
- 1 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 24 slider buns
- Start by pickling the red onions, in a bowl combine all Pickled Red Onion ingredients, mix well then set it aside.
- In a pot add oil then brown pork shoulder roast on all sides. Remove pork from the pot then set it aside.
- Using the same pot, add oil if necessary, then sauté garlic and onions. Add the pork back together with the rest of the pulled pork ingredients. Bring to a boil then slowly simmer for 3 hours, check liquid levels once in a while and make sure it does not dry out.
- Increase heat to high then cook further until the liquid thickens and almost dries out, there should be a bit of moisture. In the last few minutes, pull pork with two forks until they are flaked, mix well with the sauce then set it aside.
- Assemble your pork sliders. Slice each slider in half, place a tablespoon of mayonnaise, then two heaped tablespoons of the pulled pork and a teaspoon of pickled red onions.
- Arrange sliders on a baking tray then bake in a 180C preheated oven for 15 minutes or until top turns golden brown in colour. Serve warm.