Bacon Bones and Potato Soup is a rich creamy soup dish prepared with Bacon Bones slowly cooked until meat falls of the bone together with carrots, potatoes, celery and onions on a cream soup base
- In a soup pot heat oil over high heat then brown bacon bones. Once browned remove from pot then set it aside.
- Add garlic and onions then sauté in low heat until onions are soft.
- Add the celery and carrots, then bring heat to medium, cook for a minute.
- Place the bacon bones back, pour chicken stock and water, add the thyme and bring it to a boil. Lower heat then simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes then continue to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Pour flour mixed in water, bring heat to high then let the sauce thicken. Put heat to medium then pour cream, let is simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Since bacon bones are already salty, try to taste the soup first before seasoning it with salt. If still needed, add a bit of salt then season with freshly ground black pepper. Turn heat off then serve with some crusty bread.