Leftover Roast Chicken Pasta is a creamy pasta dish prepared with leftover chicken roast served over spaghetti or any pasta in a sauce made with chicken stock and fresh cream.
- 400 g spaghetti, undercooked by 3 minutes according to packet instruction
- 400 g leftover deboned roast chicken, chopped
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 250 ml fresh cream
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 onion, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- handful of chopped parsley
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pan add oil then sauté garlic and onions in medium heat.
- Add mushrooms then cook for 2 minutes.
- Add roast chicken cook until slightly brown on the edges.
- Bring heat to hight hen pour chicken stock and thyme then bring it to a boil.
- Add spaghetti, red capsicum and parsley then continue to boil in high heat for two minutes uncovered, let the chicken stock reduce.
- Add cream and parmesan cheese, toss to coat pasta evenly with the sauce. Cook for two more minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, turn heat off then serve.