Fried Egg Tofu and Eggplants is a dish prepared with crispy-fried egg tofu, minced pork, soft eggplants served in a savoury stir fry sauce
Egg Tofu and Eggplants
- 250 g egg tofu, sliced into 2cm thick portions
- 3 pcs Japanese eggplants, sliced
- 150 g minced pork, 20% fat
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks spring onions, chopped, white and greens separated
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- In a plate place cornstarch and dip each egg tofu on both sides. Set aside.
- Prepare a wok, heat oil then pan fry egg tofu until crispy on each side. Remove from wok then set it aside.
- Add the eggplants in the wok then stir fry for 8 minutes or until soft and tender. Remove from wok then set it aside.
- Add oil to the wok if needed then sauté garlic and white parts of spring onions.
- Add minced pork then continue to stir fry for 2 minutes or until pork is light brown in colour.
- In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients, mix well then pour into the pan, let it boil.
- Lower to simmering heat then gently place the fried egg tofu, eggplants, and spring onions. Gently toss together to coat everything with the sauce. Season with salt, turn heat off, serve.