Tuna Pie is a Filipino type of pie made popular by Jollibee made with tuna filling enclosed on a crispy pie pastry, this homemade version is an easy adaptation where it uses white sliced bread that is breaded instead of the usual pastry.
- 8 pieces sliced breads
- 4 slices processed cheese slices, cut in half
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- panko breadcrumbs, to coat
- oil, for shallow frying
- In a bowl combine all filling ingredients, mix well. Set it aside.
- Place eggs in a shallow bowl then beat it. Set aside.
- Place breadcrumbs on a wide plate. Set it aside.
- Flatten sliced bread with a rolling pin.
- Place a spoonful of the filling on the half side of the bread then top it with half of the cheese slice.
- Fold the bread in half then press the edges with a fork tightly to seal. Repeat procedure of the rest.
- Dip each prepared bread with filling in the egg mixture. Then roll it in the plate with breadcrumbs to coat it evenly. Set is aside.
- Heat up a pan filled with oil for shallow frying then cook prepared pie until crispy and golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan, place in paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil before serving.