Chicken Pakam is a Filipino dish from the Bulacan region made with chicken stewed in tomatoes, ginger, garlic and onions.
- In a wok combine together chicken, vinegar, bay leaves and ground black pepper. Place in high heat and bring to a boil, turning chicken once until and cook vinegar dries out.
- Before the vinegar totally dries out add oil then fry chicken until light brown on each side. Remove chicken from the wok then set it aside.
- Using the same wok, in medium heat, add oil if needed then add in garlic, onions and ginger. Sauté until very aromatic.
- Add the tomatoes and continue to sauté until onions are soft.
- Bring heat to high, pour water then let it boil.
- Add chicken back, cover the wok and continue to boil in medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and liquid has reduced to half its volume. It should not be soupy, but it should have enough sauce in it.
- Season with fish sauce, turn the heat off then serve garnished with coriander on top.