Panara is a Filipino dish made with deep fried wonton wrappers filled with bottle gourd, shrimps, onion and garlic.
- In a pan sauté garlic and onions in oil.
- Add shrimp and bottle gourd then stir fry for 3 minutes, do not cook the bottle gourd fully, it should still be crisp.
- Remove from heat then let it cool.
- Prepare your wonton wrappers, place a tablespoonful of the bottle gourd and shrimp mixture in the middle portion of the wrapper, dip your finger into the beaten egg and run it through the side of the wrapper, fold into a triangle then press the edges to seal. Do it with the remaining mixture and wrappers. Set it aside.
- Heat up a wok filled with oil for deep frying, and once it reached 170C deep fry wontons until golden brown. Remove from wok, drain excess oil, place in a serving platter then serve.