Lamb Doner Kebab is a Turkish dish made with grilled meat stuffed into a pita served with various accompaniments such as cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes and onions then dressed in various types of sauces.
Roasted Lamb Skewers
- 600 g deboned lamb shoulder, cut into bite sized pieced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- ½ iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced then quartered
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 pita or Lebanese Bread
- chilli sauce
- plain yoghurt
- bamboo or metal skewers
- charcoal grill
- In a bowl combine all Roasted Lamb Skewers then let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Stack lamb meat into skewers then once ready cook it in a charcoal grill for 3 minutes on both sides. Once cooked set it aside.
- Serve meat together with all salad ingredients, bread and sauces
- To assemble, place a bit of all the salad ingredients on top of the pita bread, place one or two skewers on top. Fold the bread, then hold it tightly with one of your hand on the bread and the other on the stick, pull the stick leaving the meat sandwiched on the bread. Drizzle some yoghurt and chilli sauce on top then enjoy.