Home Made French Fries is a simple fool proof recipe of shoestring cut potatoes with crispy outer layer and fluffy insides.
- Peel and rinse the potatoes, then cut them into sticks preferably 3/4 cm in width or same width as of a pencil.
- Place in a large bowl with cold water then cover. Put in the refrigerator and let it soak for at least 3 hours to a maximum of 12 hours.
- Just before cooking, drain water and dry the potatoes using a paper towel, this should be fully dried to avoid spattering and get maximum crunch.
- Fry the potatoes in a 150C preheated oil on a fryer for 4 minutes, do this in batches to avoid sudden temperature drop. Drain fully once done, place in a wide plate, pat it with paper towel to absorb the extra grease and put in the freezer to let it cool.
- Increase fryer heat to 200C, then fry it again for the second time until golden and crisp. Remove from fryer, drain, place in serving platters, sprinkle some sea salt or chicken salt then serve with your favourite dip.