This Easy Samosa recipe is a simple way to prepare your favourite samosas, instead of using a pastry we utilised spring roll wrappers to cover that delicious spiced potatoes, onions and peas filling.
- Steam potatoes for 15 minutes or until cooked, let it cool then remove the skin.
- Place in a large bowl then mash the potatoes with a fork, leave some chunks for texture.
- In a small bowl, place the green peas then lightly mash it with a fork.
- In a pan add ghee then sauté the shallots until soft. Add the potatoes, green peas, curry powder, chilli powder, brown sugar and salt. Cook while mixing and distribute the spices evenly. Remove from heat then let it cool.
- Prepare your spring roll wrappers, place a tablespoon of the filling and place it on the edge of the rectangle, fold and form into triangle up to the other side of the wrapper. Seal the seam then do it with the rest of the remaining filling.
- Deep fry samosas in a 180C preheated oil until golden brown. Remove from the fryer, drain and transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.