Filipino Style Beef Curry is a Filipino style curry dish prepared with beef, curry powder and coconut milk, it’s less spicy than the Indian curry.
- Generously season beef brisket with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a heavy pot add some oil then brown beef brisket on all sides, once browned remove beef brisket then set aside.
- Add onions and sauté until they turn soft.
- Add garlic and ginger then sauté for a minute
- Add curry powder, beef brisket, beef stock and coconut milk. Bring to a boil then simmer in low heat for 1 hour. Check liquid levels once in a while, add water if it dries out.
- Add the carrots then continue to simmer for 45 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Add sweet potatoes and simmer again for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut cream, put heat on high then bring to a boil then simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add the sugar then season with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Serve with freshly cooked jasmine rice.