Kinamatisang Buto Buto is a Filipino soup prepared with pork bones and daikon radish cooked with tomatoes, garlic and onions.
- 1 1/2 kg pork bones (ribs, neck bones, tail)
- 1 small daikon radish, sliced
- 5 large tomatoes (approx. 750 g), diced
- 2 bunches gailan, choysum or bok choy
- 1 1/2 litres water
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- fish sauce
- In a pot add the pork bones then fill it with boiling water. Let it boil for 5 minutes then turn heat off.
- Drain pot then rinse the pork bones removing the scum, set the pork bones aside. Clean the pot you just used.
- Bring pot to the stove top then heat oil. Sauté garlic and onions.
- Add tomatoes then cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Add the pork bones back together with the radish. Pour the 1 1/2 litres of water then bring it to a boil, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours in low heat.
- Add gailan simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.
- Turn heat off then serve.