Pork Belly and Mango Salsa Banh Mi is a type of Bánh mì filled with fork tender pork belly, mango and tomato salsa on a baguette served with sweet chilli sauce and mayonnaise.
Sandwich and Garnishes
- 4 pcs single serve baguettes
- 8 long thick slices of lechon kawali or roast pork belly
- 8 heaping tbsp mango salsa
- 100 g mesclun
- pickled red onions (instructions below)
- sweet chilli sauce
Pickled Red Onions
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- In a small bowl combine all Pickled Red Onions ingredients, set aside and let it pickle for 15 minutes.
- Prepare your Banh Mi, slice baguettes in half lengthwise then lightly toast baguettes in oven.
- On each baguette, place a nice spoonful of mayonnaise at the bottom, top it with mesclun, then with 2 lechon kawali slices, two tbsp of mango salsa, some pickled red onions then serve with sweet chilli sauce.
Cook time does not include lechon kawali or roast pork belly, please refer to cooking times of this ingredient separately