Tortang Okra is a Filipino dish which is a kind of omelette made with eggs, okra, onions and seasonings.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 cups okra, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks spring onions, chopped, white and green section separated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, cornstarch, water, salt and freshly ground black pepper then set it aside.
- In a pan heat oil then sauté garlic and white parts of spring onions.
- Add okra then stir fry for two minutes in medium heat. Remove from the pan then combine it with the egg mixture.
- Add green parts of the spring onion to the egg mixture. Mix well.
- Prepare a clean pan, heat oil then then scoop one around 2/3 cup of the mixture, place in the pan, flatten it with a spatula. Cook in low heat for 3 minutes a side.