Pancit Macao is a Macanese inspired Filipino dish prepared with fresh yellow noodles stir fried with Chorizo de Macau, char siu pork, beef, prawns and vegetables.
- 500 grams fresh yellow noodles
- 100 g beef rump, thinly sliced
- 100 g char siu pork
- 15 pcs large prawns
- 2 pcs Chorizo de Macau, sliced
- 1/2 small Chinese cabbage, chopped
- 3 stalks spring onions, sliced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 small shallots, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- white pepper
- Prepare fresh yellow noodles by soaking it in boiling water for a minute. Drain, rinse with cold running water then set aside.
- Place wok in a high heat, add oil, and once hot add the beef then stir fry for 2 minutes. Remove from wok then set it aside.
- Add more oil if needed then sauté the shallots and garlic, add the Chorizo de Macau, Chinese cabbage and spring onions stir fry for a minute.
- Mix the cornstarch, chicken stock, soy sauce, oyster sauce and hoisin sauce, pour it into the wok. Bring to a boil and let the sauce thicken.
- Add the noodles, beef, char siu pork and prawns, stir fry let the noodles absorb the liquid and cook for 2 minutes in high heat.
- Season with white pepper.
- Place in a serving platter together with lemon wedges or calamansi slices.
If you can’t find Chorizo de Macau then you can replace it with the normal Chinese Sausage.