Kusahos is an Ilonggo Style tapa prepared by sun drying beef strips marinated in a mixture of garlic, soy sauce and vinegar.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients apart from the beef. Mix well.
- Add the beef, using your hands massage the meat with the marinade. Let the meat marinade overnight in the refrigerator uncovered to dry it out.
- Remove meat from the refrigerator then place it in a wire rack on top of a wide flat pan to catch the drippings.
- Place meat outside on direct sunlight first thing in the morning, cover it with a mesh food cover to let the sunlight in and flies away. Once the sun sets, your meat will be dried, if not then repeat the process for one more day.
- Once ready fry the sun-dried meat in a wok with oil until cooked and crispy.