Aristocrats Honey Fried Chicken is type of fried chicken served in Aristocrat restaurant in the Philippines prepared with whole chicken deep fried and served with Java sauce and Java rice.
- 4 large chicken thighs
- 1 whole garlic, pounded
- 6 pcs dried bay leaves
- 3 stalks lemongrass, lightly pounded
- 1 litre warm water
- ⅓ cup salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Mix together water, salt and sugar in a large container. Mix until sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Place chicken in the brine mixture then refrigerate for 6 hours.
- In a steamer add around 4 cups of water, bay leaves, garlic and lemongrass.
- Place the steamer rack the steam the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Remove and let the chicken cool down for two hours by placing it in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil to 180C in a deep fryer or a large pot, then deep fry the chicken for around 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from fryer then place on a wire rack to let the oil drip and the skin crisp
- Cut chicken in half then using a barbecue brush, brush honey all over the chicken.