Kilawing Labanos at Baboy is a Filipino dish of vinegar marinated daikon radish and pork sautéed in garlic and onion then stewed in vinegar.
- In a bowl marinate pork in 1/2 cup of vinegar, salt and pepper. Set it aside for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl generously season radish with salt, set it aside for 15 minutes then rinse with running cold water. Place radish in a bowl together with 1/2 cup of vinegar, set aside.
- Drain radish, discard vinegar.
- Drain pork, reserve the vinegar.
- In a wok add oil, then sauté garlic and half of the onions.
- Add pork then stir fry in high heat until light brown in colour.
- Pour in the reserved vinegar, the remaining 1/2 cup vinegar and water. Add the bay leaves then bring it to a boil. Lower heat then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the daikon radish, mix to combine with pork then continue to cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper, garnish with half of the chopped onions then serve.