Pindang Babi is a Filipino cured pork dish from Pampanga prepared with sugar and salt cured fermented preserved pork strips.
- 1 kg pork scotch, slice into 1/4-inch-thick pieces then into thick strips
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp pink curing salt / Prague powder
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup fresh Pineapple Juice
- In a bowl combine all marinade ingredients, mix it well.
- Add the pork strips, making sure it is all coated with the marinade. Place in a container with a tight seal and keep in the refrigerator for three to five days to cure and ferment.
- When you are ready to cook the meat, remove it from the refrigerator two hours prior to cooking then fry then initially in very low heat for 3 minutes on each side to prevent the sugar from burning fast. Increase the heat to medium and continue to fry for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with rice and freshly chopped tomatoes