Strawberry and Custard Danish is a simple Danish pastry made with frozen puff pastry, filled with custard and strawberry jam.
- In a large mug combine milk and vanilla, heat in the microwave (do not boil)
- In a saucepan whisk together egg yolk, corn flour and sugar until well combined.
- Pour hot milk in over the egg yolk mixture while constantly whisking.
- Place saucepan over low heat and cook until custard thickens. Set it aside and let it cool.
- Divide one sheet of pastry into four pieces, you can fold them or just use it as it is. I will let you use your creativity or refer to this one. Place pastries in a baking paper lined baking tray, put two tablespoons of custard on top then one tablespoon of blueberry jam on top of the custard. Brush exposed pastry sides with beaten egg.
- Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 10 minutes or until sides turn golden brown.