Vigan Longganisa is a Filipino sausage from the Ilocos region made with pork mince, spices and tons of garlic.
- In a large bowl mix together soy sauce and vinegar
- Add in all the remaining ingredients apart from the sausage casing then mix.
- Place mixture in a sausage stuffer, place casing on the other end then tie a tight knot on the end. Fill the sausage casing with the meat mixture, every 2½-inch twist to seal section, gently pack each section until you are finished with all the meat.
- Once in the casing hang dry over direct sunlight for 6 hours so excess liquid drips and evaporates. Place in the refrigerator in a tight covered container to let it cure for 3 to 5 days.
- To cook, place sausages in a pan, add a bit of water then cook in low heat while covered. Once water dries out add a bit of oil then slowly pan fry until cooked.